Re: Can only access Debian website through proxy

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 22:58 +1000, pierre poulos wrote:
> Ok, as root..
>
> /home/pierre# sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
> error: "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6" is an unknown key
>
> [snip]
>
> Now, reboot the machine
> Now I try www.debian.org with no proxy and...  still no connection :-(

If your kernel doesn't support that (it might be a newer sysctl, though
my 2.6.18 machines have it...), it doesn't help putting it in
sysctl.conf. What kernel version are you using?

> Oh and btw, I don't think I have ever used IPv6.

Alternatively, I guess you could add to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf a
line that says:

blacklist ipv6

then reboot. That should prevent the module from being loaded in the
first place. If you compiled your own kernel and built in support for
IPv6, you might just disable IPv6 for iceweasel. Go to about:config and
enable network.dns.disableIPv6.

Either that, or get a Debian kernel. :-)

--
George-Cristian Bîrzan