Re: Shell Expansion in Bourne Shell Script Question

>> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:04:27 -0000,
>> Cameron Hutchison <lists@xdna.net> said:

C>    find $MAGDIR -iname '*.zip' -print0 | xargs -0 some-command
C> -iname matches names case insensitively. Since you then dont need grep,
C> you also dont need tr0.

   I need to think before posting.  I didn't mention that I have FreeBSD,
   Linux, and Solaris boxes, and unfortunately I can't guarantee the same
   access to GNU find.  I can install xargs if the system version doesn't
   recognize the "-0" option, so I usually end up scripting for the lowest
   common denominator.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

Cute Celebrity Couple Names #6:
Lance Armstrong + Ivanka Trump = Armstump