Re: controlling fanspeed - gnome lenny - acer laptop

On 7/28/10 8:19 AM, hugo vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

These are my first days with running Lenny on an Acer Aspire 3613WLCi
and I see temps like: TZS0 70 TZS1 52 but I can't seem to find a utility
to control the fan: I would like to turn in on and see if those temps
change.

Hugo

I don't know about controlling the fan manually outside of the bios or an Acer approved application, but I do know you can install some tools to stop the fan from being so noisy: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7273893&postcount=59 should still work with the latest Ubuntu.