Re: Installing Squeeze i386

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 07:57:52 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

> On 7/24/2010 3:54 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> 3/ Netinstall ISO has no problem at all with these two issues.
>

> Net install is difficult for me, and getting a daily build is both
> futile and impossible.  Futile because the i386 iso has been pants for
> weeks, impossible for the same reason I can't use netinst:  I have
> terrible access to internet, including a data cap.

Yep, and that leaves squeeze in a kind of limbo (uninstallable state if
you start from scratch), which is strange, taking that it will be
released very soon :-?

I finally got installed from net image (not without headheaches -neither
GRUB legacy nor GRUB2 cannot be installed at all, I dunno why; ReiserFS
is a bit hidden -one has to load the partman modules on start-) but it
was harder than I thought.

I think you'll have to wait until someone checks and repairs that CD ISO
image.

OTOH, I couldn't find any daily CD ISO images for testing, just "multi-
arch CD" images but seems to be similar to "netinst" :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón