Re: Installing Squeeze i386

On 20100723_132719, Mark Allums wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that the recent Squeeze i386 installation
> CDs/installers have been in an unusable state?  They can't load
> network drivers, they can't partition with LVM, they can't mount an
> ext3 partition.
>
> Advice?

I've experienced bad installs over the past week. I hadn't been installing
for several months before that and chalked it up to my making mistakes.
But two days ago, I thought I had a good install. Then yesterday I did
a upgrade and now my fonts are all messed up. My system is functional
to the point that I can send this email. But I have stopped trying to
fix things. My advice is to hunker down and wait for a better day.
I think my last update installed a new version of debconf, but not
sure.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net