Re: usernames that start with capital letter?

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Hmm... just tried logging in with an all-caps name (chaged the password
> to numbers only for the test), and failed to login. Is this feature(?)
> gone now from getty?

How were you logging in?  A real serial port login?  Or just a console
login using the pty driver?

In /etc/inittab for the lines with getty on the serial port you would
need to add -U to get this capability.

  T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -U -L ttyS0 9600 vt100

I would think you could get the same behavior on the linux console
too.  I haven't tried it recently.

Note: I seem to recall that there is a bug in recent years near this
in the getty code or some such that causes it to fail to set iuclc but
my brain does not recall it at this moment.

Bob