Re: is this result of keylogger? am i hacked?

Sergey Spiridonov <sergey.spiridonov@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think memory is not the reason, because some time ago I get broken
> /etc/shells file also on another machine, which is running Lenny.

Broken memory. Broken kernel (possibly but not necessarily the filesystem
driver). Hacked machine. Broken hardware.

For breakage of something as significant as /etc/shells, I'd prioritise
investigations in that order. Memtest86+ is a no-brainer, so let it
test your machine. Are you using a kernel that's got known issues with
whatever filesystem you are using for /etc? (Have you looked?)

What was the outcome of your investigation into the previous situation?

Chris