Re: amd64 does net detect my wired and wireless nic at installation

Hi, it was solved in the bellow link..

Good luck, and don't for get to replay back if success!!!

From: Wolodja Wentland <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 5:22:18 PM
Subject: Re: amd64 does net detect my wired and wireless nic at installation

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 09:32 -0400, Bernard Fay wrote:
> When I try to install amd64 (Debian 5.05) on my new laptop, a Lenovo x201
> tablet. I wish to use amd64 because I have 8GB for RAM and I think 64-bit is
> now the way to go.  The installer does not detect neither my wired or wireless
> NIC.  The installer gives me a list of network adapter drivers, I select the
> the appropriate drivers but it keeps saying it cannot find the network
> hardware.

> I tried Ubuntu amd64 and it was succesful but I would prefer to go with Debian.

I guess that you need a newer kernel that supports your NIC. It would
help if you could paste the output of "lspci -knn" from your Ubuntu
installation or from within a live cd like grml. You could also check
the hardware support situation at:

Debian provides stable installers with newer kernels at:

which you might want to use in order to solve your problem. I would
strongly discourage installing testing just because your NIC is not
supported by Lenny's kernel.

have fun

  .''`.    Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
: :'  :
`. `'`    4096R/CAF14EFC
  `-      081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC