Re: Problem Replacing LVM on RAID1 Disk

On 18/07/10 18:30, Matthew Glubb wrote:
Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Lets take this back to the list - not keep it between us - and I am subscribed to the list so no need to copy me.

On 17 Jul 2010, at 20:08, Alan Chandler wrote:

You don't include the one piece of information that shows that the volume group sits on the raid device.

Can you do either pvdisplay, or vgdisplay -v

Does it show the volume group sitting on raid device

It appears to me to be showing the volume group sitting on the raid device. Any ideas what the problem might me?

I don't know. When I have had a problem before, I have just repartioned the old/new device and add these partitions using mdadm

It then syncs up (albeit over several hours).

I don't format it or put filesystems on it - which I think your original mail mentioned.

# vgdisplay -v
     Finding all volume groups
     Finding volume group "vg00"
     Fixing up missing size (456.34 GB) for PV /dev/md1
   --- Volume group ---
   VG Name               vg00
   System ID
   Format                lvm2
   Metadata Areas        1
   Metadata Sequence No  3
   VG Access             read/write
   VG Status             resizable
   MAX LV                0
   Cur LV                2
   Open LV               2
   Max PV                0
   Cur PV                1
   Act PV                1
   VG Size               456.34 GB
   PE Size               4.00 MB
   Total PE              116824
   Alloc PE / Size       116824 / 456.34 GB
   Free  PE / Size       0 / 0
   VG UUID               Urdpix-a5Ik-U1fq-Tw7T-umoT-paaR-e0s0Oz

   --- Logical volume ---
   LV Name                /dev/vg00/lv00
   VG Name                vg00
   LV UUID                aosfiq-oBUr-70Xn-Y5OJ-lsSV-i59V-nTXJG6
   LV Write Access        read/write
   LV Status              available
   # open                 2
   LV Size                8.00 GB
   Current LE             2048
   Segments               1
   Allocation             inherit
   Read ahead sectors     auto
   - currently set to     256
   Block device           253:0

   --- Logical volume ---
   LV Name                /dev/vg00/lv01
   VG Name                vg00
   LV UUID                tvzjKH-hSpH-sDYk-YlWY-osUY-VxrA-ka2UCW
   LV Write Access        read/write
   LV Status              available
   # open                 1
   LV Size                448.34 GB
   Current LE             114776
   Segments               1
   Allocation             inherit
   Read ahead sectors     auto
   - currently set to     256
   Block device           253:1

   --- Physical volumes ---
   PV Name               /dev/md1
   PV UUID               GSKYlk-d8z0-mGXj-kQny-gSMy-aOMR-zq1dXT
   PV Status             allocatable
   Total PE / Free PE    116824 / 0

--
Alan Chandler