Re: When is best time to upgrade lenny to squeeze

On Tue July 20 2010, you wrote:
> > $ printf 'You are ' && \
> >
> > > {
> > >
> > >         [ $(aptitude search '~S ~i ~Alenny-backports' | wc -l) -ge 1 ]
> > >
> > > } && \
> > > printf 'using lenny-backports.\n'
> >
> > You are using lenny-backports.

> The script takes that output and runs it through "wc -l" to count the
> number of lines (packages).  It that's less than (-lt) 1, i.e. 0, it
> negates the sentence being output.

so if I wanted the LIST of packages that I have installed using backports, it
would be like this?

$ aptitude search '~S ~i ~Alenny-backports'
i   libmysqlclient-dev              - MySQL database development files
i A libmysqlclient16                - MySQL database client library
i   libv4l-0                        - Collection of video4linux support
librarie
i A mysql-common                    - MySQL database common files,
e.g. /etc/mys

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800