Re: amd64 does net detect my wired and wireless nic at installation

On Monday 19 July 2010 10:14:54 Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon July 19 2010, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > On a recent DELL Opteron I had to use a squeeze installer (kernel
> > 2.6.32) to detect my intel network card.
>
> I had a similar problem on my Dell laptop.. had to install ipw2200.
> http://wiki.debian.org/ipw2200

  For those following along at home, I recently had a similar
issue with drivers, but solved it differently -- the 2.6.32
kernel (same version number as Ubuntu 10.04) is in lenny-backports.

  Of course, if the issue is missing SATA or network drivers
messing up your install, the backport kernel is not as useful, but
still, it's an option.

  There was some talk at the time of the lenny release that a
"lennynhalf" kernel release might be provided, similar to what
was done for "etchnhalf", but I haven't heard anything recently
about that.

					-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net