Re: usernames that start with capital letter?

On Mon July 19 2010, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Also note that there must be at least one lower case letter or getty
> will assume that you are using an upper case only terminal and will
> set up the tty driver to map upper case to lower case with iuclc.  The
> old getty manual used to recommend using only lower case letters.

I remember all too well running the tr command many times...
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-shell-programming-converting-lowercase-uppercase/

$ tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]' < input.txt > output.txt

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800