Re: No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On 7/17/10 11:02 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Google-fu must not be up to snuff, because I've Googled much without
> any luck.
>
> USB Audio
> 32-bit Sid
> ALSA 1.0.23+dfsg-1
> Flash 10.1r53 (from adobe.com)
> Iceweasel 3.6.4-1 (experimental)
> vlc 1.1.0
> users are in group audio
>
> Sound plays fine from local sources but not from Flash/Iceweasel. (Yes,
> Flash *video* works.)
>
> Any thoughts on how to solve this would be much appreciated, since
> otherwise my wife will insist on moving back to Windows.

Try this:

http://www.macewan.org/2006/06/01/howto-firefox-flash-video-sound-on-ubuntu-linux-dapper/

IIRC, I had this problem on an old Linux install I was using for MythTV,
and it did come down to a lack of OSS support with the installed ALSA.

(And I googled for 'linux flash sound' and that was the first hit :-) )