Re: Confirming submission of bug report

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 03:09:07 +0000 (UTC)
T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >From time to time, my bug report that sent to submit@bugs.debian.org
> >get
> lost to nowhere. I.e., I don't hear anything back from the Debian Bug
> Tracking System (I haven't received anything for my bug report sent
> this morning yet).
>
> Since the failure might happens two ways, is there anyway for me to
> confirm that my bug report has arrived safely, like checking to
> official mailing list archives to check if my mlist post arrives
> safely?

That's never happened to me before.  I believe that the initial
confirmation is automated and wouldn't depend on somebody "doing
something".  It may be that you won't hear back from the package
maintainer...

You can easily look at the package at debian.org and look under bugs.
There will be a link on the package page.  Make sure you are looking at
the correct system (i386, amd64, etc..) and release level (stable,
testing, etc...) !

Brian