Re: where's udevinfo ?

On 2010-07-17 22:12 +0200, briand@aracnet.com wrote:

> pretty much every tutorial out there refers to udevinfo.
>
> the debian web search shows that it's in the udev unstable package, but
> when I look at the list of files under udev, it's not present.

Presumably packages.debian.org finds it in the outdated m68k package;
other architectures should no longer have it.

> has it been replaced by something else ?

Yes, by "udevadm info".  In udev 117, udevadm was introduced and
udevinfo and other programs turned into compatibility symlinks.  The
symlinks were deprecated in udev 128 and removed for good in udev 147.

Sven