Re: No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On 17/07/10 19:02, Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

My Google-fu must not be up to snuff, because I've Googled much without
any luck.

USB Audio
32-bit Sid
ALSA 1.0.23+dfsg-1
Flash 10.1r53 (from adobe.com)
Iceweasel 3.6.4-1 (experimental)
vlc 1.1.0
users are in group audio

Sound plays fine from local sources but not from Flash/Iceweasel. (Yes,
Flash *video* works.)

Any thoughts on how to solve this would be much appreciated, since
otherwise my wife will insist on moving back to Windows.

Thanks

Have you tried blacklisting the pcspeaker module. I think I had a problem like this a while ago. For some reason alsa would find two sound cards - the pcspeaker being one of them. It used the default (which just happened to be the pcspeaker).

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk