Re: Nvidia card and Xen in lenny

On 07/16/2010 09:32 AM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 7/16/2010 12:48 AM, Panayiotis Karabassis wrote:
Hi!

I am trying to setup Lenny as dom0. However I cannot get the X server to
start. I have tried drivers vesa, nv and nvidia. The latter causes the
system to hang. Here is my output from driver nv. The output from vesa
is similar (has the same errors).

Many thanks in advance!
Panayiotis

Consider trying out the nvidia-glx driver. Install it using module-assistant:

update-pciids
apt-get install module-assistant nvidia-kernel-source
m-a prepare
m-a clean nvidia
m-a a-i nvidia
apt-get install nvidia-glx
depmod -a
modprobe nvidia

#### This is only necessary if you start to use nvidia for the first time:

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

(I don't know if all these steps will be necessary for you, the update-pciids step in particular may be redundant, but it doesn't hurt anything. I took this from
http://www.xs4all.nl/~carlo17/howto/nvidia.html )

Let us know if it works.  Or not.

I have already tried this. The computer hangs on starting the X server. Thanks!