Re: how do you check that grub2 is configured correctly ?

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:46:40 -0700, briand wrote:

> If update-grub2 executes without any errors am I good to go ?
>
> What else can I do to try and make sure it will work ?

GRUB menu lines can be syntactically right but it can also fail and don't
boot.

Things than can prevent your system from booting are (but not limited
to): having a wrong root defined or pointing to a wrong/nonexistent
device.

There are still some things one have to manually check to assure a
correct booting but if the system fails to boot you can run GRUB
interactively. Also, as last resort, having a CD with SuperGrubDisk is a
must.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón