Re: When is best time to upgrade lenny to squeeze

Stephen Powell put forth on 7/14/2010 12:28 PM:

> I know, for example, that there will
> be boot loader issues involving hook scripts, etc.  And these are not
> documented in the Lenny release notes.

Stephen, I found the following somewhat related information a bit refreshing.
 I'm hoping it's a sign that lilo may be kept in the distro after all.  /me
crosses fingers

From:  http://www.debian.org/News/2010/20100626

Kernel Updates

The kernel images included in this point release incorporate a number of
important and security-related fixes together with support for additional
hardware.

On the amd64 and i386 architectures, support has been re-introduced for
automatically running the lilo bootloader when a kernel image is added,
updated or removed in order to ensure that this is correctly registered with
the bootloader.

--
Stan