Re: Photo time are wrong

Thanks for everyone who replied.

I thought it was a known problem. Ok, details follows.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:55:50 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> I use to get correct file time for my photos from my digital camera.
>> But recently they are all wrong now, shifting by about 3 hours.
>
> You mean that the files of the FAT32 based filesystem SD card are being
> time-mangled?
>
> Have you tested...:
>
> 1/ Another SD card?
> 2/ Mounting the SD card in another computer? 3/ Checking the battery of
> the DSC?
>
> Just out of curiosity, the shifted time is backward (-3 hours) or
> forward (+3 hours)?

$ jhead img_2937.jpg | grep -i date
File date    : 2010:07:12 08:13:26
Date/Time    : 2010:07:12 12:13:27

The "Date/Time" on the Exif info is pretty much accurate. It reflect when
I took the picture. This means the problem has nothing to do with the
camera, or changing of the battery.

The "File date" is actually what I see from the file system:

$ ls -l img_2937.jpg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 tong tong 410467 2010-07-12 08:13 img_2937.jpg

which is what I meant, wrong. The shifted time is backward -4 hours.

Any ideas?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)