Re: Debian amd64 not detecting my network card (32 bit Debian does!)

On 10-07-13 12:43 PM, H.S. wrote:

I decided to install amd64 on my computer which has Asus M3 socket
motherboard, M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, chipset AMD 880G/SB850, and onboard
gigabit lan controller, Realtek® 8111E.

I installed 32 bit Debian using netinstall some days ago without too
many problems (see my post with subject Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 (was:Re:
AM3 socket Asus M4A87TD EVO ...).

But today when I booted my USB stick to install amd64 Debian, the
installer failed to detect my network card. Boot disk was created using
the two step procedure listed here (Squeeze section):
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/InstallUsingStandardInstaller

I also tried different boot.img.gz and net installer from the following
sites:

for boot image:
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-amd64/current/images/hd-media/
(file date is 17:58 26-06-10)
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-amd64/current/images/hd-media/
(file date is 22:43 10-07-10)

for net installer iso:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/squeeze_di_alpha1/amd64/iso-cd/ (file
date is 17-Feb-2010 23:05)
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/
(file date is 13-Jul-2010 17:11)

So, the 32 bit installer worked on my motherboard but amd64 bit
installer fails to see the network card. Is there something I am missing
here?

Thanks.

Just a little update.

Getting the net install iso and the boot.img.gz from Lenny's download page (stable release) works. The link is:
http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/debian-installer/

Both the firewire and gigabit controller are detected. Also, there are no warning for mismatch between the modules in the version being installed and the kernel.

The problem, however, is that Lenny's installer does not give me an option to format in ext4 filesystem, which I want. So I am still looking for a solution to make testing or daily builds of installer to detect the network card on my board.