Re: Iceweasel/Firefox profiles

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 16:25:23 Barry Samuels wrote:
> Using up to date Iceweasel on Debian Testing.
>
> I have noticed that in Iceweasel/Firefox after setting up a new profile I
> start to lose functionality after some months of use. For example I find
> now that some graphics are no longer displaying whereas they used to
> display. If I go to http://www.openstreetmap.org I see the map window
> together with a zoom control but there is no map. If I view the same page
> using a new clean profile I do see the map. This happens with some
> graphics but not all.
>
> I have disabled all the installed add-ons to no effect.
>
> The strange thing is that my wife's computer uses the same browser on the
> same operating system and she doesn't have any such problem.
>
> I'm getting a little fed up at having to start a new profile when this
> happens.
>
> Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

I too have a problem with graphics on Iceweasel.  I had not tried creating a
new profile.  Frankly, the easiest way to deal with the problem has been -
use another browser.  I don't use Iceweasel very much anyway.

But it would be nice to have a solution, all the same.  And I may try to use a
new profile to see whether it solves the problem (even if pro-tem).

Lisi

Sorry, Barry.  I am still not consistently pressing L instead of clicking.

I have not until recently had this problem.  Something somewhere has obviously
changed. :-(