Re: Problem with apt-get --

PRAKHAR gaur schreef:
You might also add: export ftp_proxy=$http_proxy
Ok.
But now there is a slight problem, when ever I use "sudo apt-get update",
 it does not work. but if I become root first, using "su", and then so the same thing, it works.
I tried closing all the terminals and opening them again, didn't work.
Can you do a "echo $http_proxy" both as root and as user? I guess $http_proxy isn't set properly for your user (and sudo uses user-values for its config)

Sjoerd