Re: Eclipse And CDT / Subclispe Do Not Longer Work

On 2010-07-13, Michael Ott <michael@king-coder.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A few days ago I upgrade eclipse to 3.5.2-5. After that CDT and
> Subclipse does not longer work.
>
> I reinstalled CDT and Eclipse but no changes. Does anyone have the same
> problem?

I had the same problem. After the upgrade, none of the user-installed
plugins worked. I tried moving ~/.eclipse, ~/workspace and re-installing
the plugins. No luck. Then I tried purging and re-installing the eclipse
packages. Still no luck. Each time the plugins appeared to install
correctly, but upon restarting eclipse the functionality they provide
would not be available (although the plugins themselves would be listed
correctly).

I found that very frustrating, so I downloaded vanilla eclipse from
eclipse.org and started again. So far so good: all of the plugins
"stick" after installing them and I am productive again.

I would be interested to hear of any better solution you might find.

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland