RE: NetworkManager Cannot Connect to Wireless Network

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 07:49:41 +0200, John Frankish wrote:
>
> > I just installed NetworkManager and started to use it with
> > wired/wireless connections.
> >
> > Things work fine with the wired connection, but although
> > NetworkManager displays several available wireless networks, it will not connect.
> >
> > The problem is that when I select the available network to join,
> > NetworkManager diplays a dialogue "Wireless Network Authentication
> > Required" and requests a "WEP 128-bit Passphrase". Entering the "128
> > bits 26 hex digits" code for my router does not work, I believe I
> > need to enter a "WEP 40/128-bit Key", but when I select this, the
> > "Connect" button is greyed out and I cannot enter the code.
> >
> > Any ideas whey trying to enter a "WEP 40/128-bit Key" is not possible
> > with NetworkManager?
>
> Mmm, try by right-clicking on NM icon and select "Edit connections",
> then go to the "Wireless" tab and try to add it from here.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
Thanks for the suggestion - I'd already tried that with the same result - i.e.
that as soon as I select "WEP 40/128-bit Key", the "apply"/"OK" button becomes
greyed out.

Note that this works on the same machine booted in tinycorelinux:

# iwconfig eth1 essid "ssid"
# iwconfig eth1 key restricted 12:34:56:78:9A:BC:DE:F1:23:45:67:89:AB
# udhcpc -b -i eth1