Re: [info] grub2

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Paul E Condon
<pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
> On 20100710_103920, Tom H wrote:

>> > How bad! :-(
>> >
>> > There are still people using Grub legacy and online manual is very useful
>> > (i.e., for pointing someone to a specific paragraph or give it a quick
>> > review).
>>
>> True. You can still access the google-cache of the grub1 manual.
>
> How long will the google-cache of this information be available?
> Things in Debian don't move on google/internet time, IMHO. They are
> generally much slower. Some people will still be struggling with
> systems that use the older versions long after Google had given them
> much lower status.
>
> In order to help those who are stragglers in the rush to the future,
> it would be nice if you could put a hotlink to the GRUB Legacy manual,
> which is archived at gnu.org directly after its first mention (which
> is in the History section of your document)

I seem to have given you the impression that I am affiliated with gnu
or grub; I'm not; I'm sorry.

I stumbled upon the link that I posted earlier because I followed my
bookmarked link to the grub1 manual and landed on the grub2 manual...

I have just tried the same search and am unable to find the same
cached document.

The only grub legacy pages that I can find on gnu.org are:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-legacy-support.en.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-legacy.en.html

The first has the following at the top:
'You can browse the documentation of GNU GRUB by "info grub" on your
shell prompt (or use your favorite Info browser, if you don't like
info).'

Strange decision...