Re: su and environment.

On 07/08/2010 02:27 AM, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good day.
>
> The following:
>
> $ su -c 'abc' -l anotheruser
>
> but it returns
>
> -su: abc: command not found
>
> The abc is in the anotheruser's path, but it seems option '-l' does not
> work here.
>
> How I can accomplish the goal (without manually specifying complete
> path)?
>

> Thank You for Your time.

The above command line worked for me.  What system are you using, which
shell?

Is this other user's path really getting set?  Is 'abc' executable and
is the content runable (in other words, if it's a script and it begins
with '#!/bin/bash', is bash really in /bin, or if it's binary, is the
binary runable for the system you're on)?

You might want to try using the 'echo' or 'env' commands to validate the
environment variables PATH and HOME.  You may also want to try running a
normal system command such as 'date', to see if that works.

Good luck.

--
Bob McGowan