Re: missing bluetooth headset support in Ekiga in Squeeze

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:34:50 +0200, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:

(re-sent)

> I switched to Squeeze and try out bluetooth Nokia headset. Blueman can
> see it, so I can pair, add it, enable. This works perfect, but
> unfortunately no new audio device appeared.

Check if any of these helps:

***
Bluetooth audio under Debian lenny/sid
http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/webblog/archives/85

Bluetooth handsfree with laptop in debian squeeze
***

> Here is quotation from ekiga wiki [1]:
>
> Warning: btsco (bluetooth linux driver) is no longer maintained and does
> not work extremely well. Ekiga should support bluetooth audio device
> exposed by ALSA but does not currently (2008-05).
>
> [1] http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Tested_hardware#Bluetooth
>
> Is it really that bad, or there is a way to get bt headset working in
> Squeeze?

I was recently in that same situation, looking for a headset to use with
Ekiga and as you point out, I found very little (and not accurate) data
about working devices at the Ekiga web page :-(.

So I asked in another mailing list where people recommended to go for an
USB headset, that generally tends to work fine. I finally bought a
"Plantronics .Audio™ 626" which works like a charm with Ekiga and
provides very good sound quality.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón