Re: aptitude: upgrading only necessary stable-to-testing.

2010-07-07 06:52, Sthu Deus skrev:
I have mixed system: stable&  testing. On

# aptitude full-upgrade

I often have a situation when a stable status packages needs to be
upgraded up to testing status because of dependency,
> but aptitude does not so - but rather offers diver mysterious
solutions - anything but upgrading the package on dependency from its
stable to testing status.

I was annoyed by such things too (I mix testing, unstable and experimental), until I started using reject and accept in the dependency resolution dialog of aptitude.

When using aptitude interactively, and investigating the suggested changes, I can reject a suggestion by pressing 'r', and by rejecting some key removal suggestions, I rather quickly get to a reasonable suggestion recommending the changes that I want.

Hope it helps, although I know it was not what you asked for.

/ johan