Re: The empty primary partition, where should it be

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 22:08 +0000, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have empty primary partitions? Have you noticed where they are?
>
> When leaving an empty primary partition, I'm thinking:
>
> /dev/hda1 Primary
> /dev/hda2 Primary
> /dev/hda3 Empty
> /dev/hda4 Extended
> /dev/hda5 Logical
>
> but what I found most existing partitions look like this:
>
> /dev/hda1 Primary
> /dev/hda2 Primary
> /dev/hda3 Extended
> /dev/hda4 Empty
> /dev/hda5 Logical

I never create that many partitions these days :-)

I might create one for /boot, and one for swap, but other than that
everything goes in LVM on the one partition. So max 3 (unless I have
more than one drive, of course). And they're all Primary.

Richard