Re: Scim and iceweasel

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 02:11:25PM +0200, Wolodja Wentland wrote:

   > /usr/share/doc/scim/README.Debian.gz
   >
   > which explains the whole situation in great detail. In particular the
   > sections "Autostart SCIM" and "Helper packages" are relevant.

Thanks for the reply. In fact, scim was getting started as could be seen
from ~/.xsession-errors. The problem was I had to choose manually the
input method in gnome-terminal and no way of doing it in iceweasel et
al.

I noticed that I had chosen scim as the input method using im-switch.
The scim method sets GTK_IM_MODULE=xim whereas scim-immodule sets the
same to scim! Changing that made gnome-terminal, iceweasel, inkscape to
use scim as their input method. I still cannot get it to work under OO.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Mathematics is the only science where one never knows what
one is talking about nor whether what is said is true.
		-- Russell