Re: Debian support on newer 4K Advanced format drives (rather than 512 bytes)

On 7/4/2010 10:30 AM, lee wrote:
On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 02:31:15PM +1000, CaT wrote:

I wont be buying more of these if I can avoid it. I'd rather a 4k drive
that says it's a 4k drive and get on with life.

Well, I wonder what the manufacturers thinking behind lieing about the
sector size is. It only leads to problems --- everyone who bought a
disk like that and partitions it as usual should just exchange it if
permance testing shows poor performance until they get one that just
works.

These drives are transition drives. The industry is moving permanently to the new sector size, and some situations can't cope, hence, the lying. This will pass, as the world adjusts to it.

Patience.