Re: Network crashes under heavy load

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 08:53:32PM +0100, Nathen wrote:
> For some reason my server stops responding to network traffic (shares
> go offline, no response to SSH or ping, etc) after heavy load -
> transferring large amounts of data via Samba or running several iperf
> benchmarks causes it, however the system still responds to the power
> button so shuts down when it's pressed. I'm using an Intel D510MO
> board with Realtek 8111DL network controller which I'm guessing has
> something to do with it, I could be wrong. I think it might be a bug
> but I thought it best to ask here first.
> Thanks. :)

Hello:

Are you running the latest BIOS version? Check this thread:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=771174 . A poster there
said that network problems went away after updating the BIOS to
version 0210.  Also there are some vague reports of network problems
in the newegg.com reviews for this board.  One user says that the
problems can be solved by "manually compiling drivers from Realtek".

I hope that you can solve the problem and would appreciate if you
shared your results.

Jaime