Re: CUPS: why can `Media Source' be `CD or DVD tray'?

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 09:52 +0200, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 22:21 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> > For a printer, why can `Media Source' be `CD or DVD tray'? If I
> > understand it well, `Media Source' specifies where the paper to print on
> > is. (Or how could the paper be in the CD or DVD tray?)
>
> Where are you seeing this? I checked a CUPS server nearby and was unable
> to find such an option (which, admittedly, might be due to an incomplete
> search).

Yeah, it was due to an incomplete search. (Should have used A* with a
good heuristic). Your assumption that "Media Source" specifies the paper
source used by default and I am not sure why you are offered "CD/DVD
tray". Which printer model are we talking about? Can you provide the PPD
you are using?

Kind regards

    Wolodja
--