Re: Host configuration

On Mi, 30 iun 10, 00:49:16, Hanspeter Spalinger wrote:

> You could use a versioning system like svn.
> Easy diffing of files, you can make multiple branches (groups of hosts
> or whatever), updates are a 'svn update' in the easies case.

If it's going to be a versioning system then you should rather consider
something distributed (git, mercurial, bazaar, ...). I see no reason to
use anything else these days.

Have a look at etckeeper (by default using git), which also takes care
of stuff like file permissions (especially important for /etc/password)
which are usually not handled by VCS.

Regards,
Andrei