Re: X11 error at login: "no screens found"

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 05:07, Charles Blair <c-blair@illinois.edu> wrote:
>   I recently upgraded from etch to lenny, and most features
> of the system seemed to be working.
>
>   After a day or two with the new system, I am getting a
> character-based screen to log in, instead of the X display.
>
>   Below, I give the output from typing "startx", and the
> xorg.conf file.

It can't find the "nv" drivers, check that it is installed
(package xserver-xorg-video-nv).

And just to be modern and up-to-date, after you have that
sorted out, you could try moving xorg.conf to xorg.conf.old
and see if everything works that way (good chance it will).
If you do need an xorg.conf, it will probably be just one
section or so.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers