Re: gpart can retire now

On 6/27/2010 4:30 PM, T o n g wrote:

The gpart package that find lost partitions, has anyone try to test if it
still works? "Luckily" my whole partition table is wiped clean by a
running away Windows app, and I get the chance to test it.

I have had very good results with TestDisk. It is about 1 year since the most recent release, though, so it does not handle btrfs or ext4. But it handles just about everything else, and it knows about lvm/lvm2 and Linux RAID. It is open source, and there is a Debian Packaging of it. Recommended.