Re: bunzip?

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:30:38 +0200, lee wrote:

> I've got some files I compressed years back with bzip.

Run "file myfile.bz" and put here the ouput.

> Now bunzip2 can't
> decompress them, and there doesn't seem to be something like bunzip in
> Debian.

What error are you getting? How are you unzipping it?

> And idea how to uncompress these files?

The bzip file can be damaged somehow.

You could try to open with another utility (7-zip, peazip...) or try to
recover with "bzip2recover" (work with a copy of the file, *never* with
the original one).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón