Re: suspend to disk unreliable?

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:58:09 +0200, lee wrote:

> after suspending to disk during the night and resuming, my computer
> froze with a black screen after running maybe three minutes.
>
> Is suspend to disk that unreliable?

No, but there can be problems with some of your devices or drivers that
prevent restoring from hibernation "gracefully". You'll have to
investigate a bit. Review your log.

> When suspending to disk, the default size of the image written is 512MB.
> What happens when there's more data that needs to be saved?

For one who wants to use hibernation, it will take the same space as your
amount of ram. So if you have 2 GiB. of ram, you'll need at least 2 GiB.
of free space for hibernanting the machine.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón