Re: switching to console and zapping

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 05:44, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 05:13:46PM -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:31:15 -0400 (EDT), lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> > what could be the reason why I can't switch from X11 to consoles with
> > Alt+Fx anymore?
>
> You never could.  You need Ctrl too.  For example, switching from the
> X console to text console number 1 requires
>
>    Ctrl+Alt+F1

Oh, sorry, that was a typo. I meant to type Ctrl+Alt+Fn, of course.

> And last I knew, you had to use the left Alt key,
> not the right Alt key (AltGr).

None of them do it ...

> > It's also not possible to kill the X session with
> > Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, though this feature is not turned off in the
> > xorg.conf. I'm using fvwm-crystal as a window manager.
>
> > press reset button because I couldn't get out of X11 anymore :( I want
> > the default behaviour that allows switching and zapping back ...
>
> If you want to be absolutely sure, use
>
>    Option "DontZap" false
>    Option "DontVTSwitch" false
>
> in the Serverflags section of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
> I think you have to use the left Alt key with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace too,
> though I can't swear to it.

What I have is:

Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier     "Layout0"
   Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
   InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
   InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
   Option         "AutoAddDevices" "Off"
   Option         "AllowEmptyInput" "Off"
   Option         "XkbRules" "xorg"
   Option         "XkbModel" "pc102"
   Option         "XkbLayout"   "de"
   Option         "DontZap" "off"
EndSection

Neither switching to consoles is possible, nor terminating the X
server with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.