Re: Using gparted GUI to make GPT partition tables

On 6/25/2010 12:08 PM, Klistvud wrote:
Dne, 25. 06. 2010 17:37:39 je vr napisal(a):
Is the GUI for gparted effective enough for "dummies" to get properly
aligned partitions via mindless clicking? Or do you still have to do
some math to get things just right?

It's as dummy-proof as it gets. No math required. Although, if you
really want *mindless* clicking, I'd recommend a first-person-shooter
instead.

;)

Well after 3 days of reading do's and do not's of SSD's and partitioning I'm to a point of just wanting to get on with it but haven't found the right recipe to follow. A first person shooter might be more enjoyable! :)

I picked up an OCZ Vertex 2 and I think I'm in "don't want to choose wrong" and end up with a slow, stutttering improperly set up system as a result.

I made a bootable Debian "testing" daily built USB stick to install and I have a bootable Ubuntu live USB stick to create the partition layout, whatever that should look like for a desktop Core i5-750 box?