Re: Configuring the Huawei E620 dongle to work using wvdial

Good day, Ken, You wrote:

> I don't think he is correct, and so my question to you is whether you
> know if such modems are locked until unlocked when someone buys one.

I do not know what Your ISP does w/ its modems but You can try to
unlock it if it being the case.

I know that some ISP do lock them in order that people use only their
Internet access and therefore pay to them only therefore the modems are
locked for other operators' SIMs and works only w/ the original one.
Though concerning Your ISP it can differ.

I any way, You can try to unlock it, for there are:

. unlocking codes and

. codes for unlocking unlocking ability.

W/ especial software (such a small calculators depending on S/N of the
device and manufacturer) You an generate the unlock code for both lock
types and input them when appropriate using modem commands in minicom
program (there You can also find out the S/N).

In case it is not possible for any reason to unlock with codes, You can
try change its ROM. Thought I'm not sure if is possibility can be
locked also, but I believe/hope it is not.