Re: Can't boot 2.6.32-3 after running 2.6.32-5 for a while

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:33:16 -0400 (EDT), Camaleón wrote:

> So, all entries in "/etc/lilo.conf" are pointing to "uuid" devices or
> just the ones loading the "-3" kernel?

There are only two lines in /etc/lilo.conf that are relevant:
boot and root.  Both are in the global section, not in a per-image
section.  And since I have lilo's first stage loader installed in the
boot sector of a primary partition that has been formatted with a Linux
file system that assigns a UUID, the partition has a /dev/disk/by-uuid alias.
(If lilo were installed in the master boot record, I couldn't do this,
since the master boot record does not have a /dev/disk/by-uuid alias.)
So yes, "all the entries" are pointing to "uuid" devices.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :