Re: How to replace a bugged version of a package?

On Ma, 22 iun 10, 17:08:30, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Here:
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=431388
>
> it is reported a bug in Lenny's gopchop package.  On my system I have the
> bugged version already installed.  How can I replace it with a new debugged
> version?

There are the usual options (install from testing, backport from
testing, ...), but in your case the fixed version is 1.1.7-8, while
stable has 1.1.7-7.

If you don't care for the newer version from testing I would suggest
downloading the binary version 1.1.7-8 from snapshot.debian.org and
install it with 'dpkg -i'. Of course, this assumes there are no
dependency problems (I didn't check).

Regards,
Andrei