Simple dual boot - grub issue

Hello list,

I have had a laptop wearing Linux solely over the last few years and
today I decided I'd install a Windows partition on it, with aim to
dual boot. After preparing an NTFS partition by using the gparted live
CD, I installed Windows 7 on the newly created partition. Thus, so far
I have the primary partitions /dev/sda1, an ext3 partition holding my
Squeeze installation, and /dev/sda2, holding my Windows installation.
There's also the /dev/sda3 "extended" partition and the /dev/sda5
"swap" partition. Here's a gparted screenshot taken from within my
debian installation to prove my claims:
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1819/mypartitions.jpg

When the installation was finished, I would only boot into Windows 7.
Somewhat accustomed to this loss of the Grub boot loader, I booted
from my Squeeze installation CD, entered Rescue Mode and reinstalled
GRUB in the MBR of my only hard drive (that corresponds to the
/dev/sda1 partition). However, even though I reclaimed Grub, Grub
would not detect my Windows partition on bootup, and give me the
options of boot into debian. I tried reinstalling GRUB on other
partitions, but Windows was (and still is) unbootable on startup.

I had a look at my grub.cfg and didn't see a "menuentry" corresponding
to the windows partition, even after running update-grub. What are the
steps that I need to follow in order to dual boot my system? The only
OS I have currently access to through Grub is Debian (with the option
of two kernels, but that's not really relevant).

Thanks.