ATI video issue on Lenny

Hi there,

Is anyone having any issues with ATI latest drivers rending the screen (blank) useless to use at random times, this doesn't allow me to use the ctl+alt+(F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6) to restart Xorg? But instead requires me to press the recycle button. This happen often.

I wanted to see if it was only happening on Lenny AMD64, so I tried another Linux AMD64 distribution only to have the same thing happing again, so now I have switched back to Windows to see if it is a hardware or software issue....So far the ATI drivers for Windows has been solid so far and has not render the screen into unuseable mode, as I have been running it for nearly two days straight without the screen becoming useless on me and no need for me to RMA on the motherboard.

After concluding that it was the ATI drivers for Linux and not hardware fault, I wish to get back to using Debian as soon as possible.

The motherboard has 512MB onboard video, with the memory coming from system RAM. My current hardware setup is

Antec 300 Three-Hundred Three Hundred Gaming Case
Vantec ION2 460W PSU
ECS A790GXM-AD3
Socket AM3 socket for AMD Phenom™ II processors
Supports CPU up to 140W TDP only
On Chip (AMD 790GX-based with ATI™ Radeon HD3300 graphics )
4 x 240-pin DDR3 DIMM socket support up to 32GB
Support DDR3 up to 1333/1066 DDR3 SDRAM
2 x PCI Express Gen 2.0 x16 slots, 2 x PCI Express x1 slots, 2 x PCI slots
2 x Ultra DMA 100/66/33 devices, 6 x Serial ATAII 3.0Gb/s devices RAID0, RAID1, RAID5, RAID 10 configuration, 1 x eSATA
Realtek RTL 8111C Gigabit Fast Ethernet NIC
CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 Dual Core 550 CPU BLACK EDITION, 3.1GHz, 7 MB Cache socket AM3 45nm SOI (80W)
Type of Memory Supported Support for unregistered DIMMs up to PC2-6400 (DDR2-800MHz) -AND- PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066MHz)
Ram - G.Skill PI 4GB Kit (2GB X 2) PC3-10666 PC-10600 DDR3 1333 CL 7-7-7-18
LG GH22NS30 OEM 22x SATA Dual Layer, DVD+-RW DVDRW Black DL DVD Writer Pack (24.3W)
Samsung HD103UJ
Wireless PCI - TP Link WN651G 108M

Thanks for your time.

Quan