Re: how execute command on every mail received

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:05 PM, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
On 15/06/10 05:33 AM, paragasu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if there is a simple SMTP deamon.
> This deamon will execute a specific command on every email received.
>
> I have a PHP program that will parse the email and
> send SMS to specific mobile phone number thereafter.
>
> please advice.
>
> Thanks

Wonder if procmail or heirloom-mailx can be of some help to you. I have
used the former to do stuff on my incoming mail and the latter to send
out mail based on some conditions on my machine. Do not much about
internal working of mail protocol, so just wanted to throw this out there.

ever having been read.

> Perl can easily call a PHP script to finish handling
> the mail. Or you may be able to rewrite that part of
> your PHP script in Perl.

> Will post my script if you are interested.

Hi Joel,

I have been searching for some time. And i decided to use postfix.
It is great if you can show me your code. If possible your configuration too.

Thank a lot.

paragasu