Re: problems with dell poweredge server R140 (rack)

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:
I tried to install Debian Lenny on Dell Poweredge R140 with no success.

First problem is with netword card bnx2?  It is not working with
default install, but
with this workaround it works:

-> http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/  (this image support bnx2 from scratch)

another problem is that default kernel cannot mount rootfs from perc
raid (sas) controller after boot? why? tool old kernel?
Maybe having bnx2 driver in a usb disk, and installing it when lenny installer ask ?

Maybe some other non-free firmware is needed for sas raid controller ?

I think RHEL and Ubuntu doesn't have a kernel major than 2.6.32 like kmuto d-i

Regards,