Re: Chromium Xperience

Hello

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:15 AM, KS <lists04@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I feel it is more responsive and is "faster" than Iceweasel This could

If you have little against non-open-source programmes, you might also
want to try Opera >10.50. It has not been released yet [1], but here I
am playing with beta releases and they look very promising. UI
responsiveness and rendering speed are at least as good as Chromium's,
although Opera boasts that it's the fastest in the world while some
benchmark sites seem to confirm this. Start-up speed is much improved,
albeit bit slower than Chromium and perhaps on par with Iceweasel. It
passes acid3, while Chromium and Iceweasel fail (at least the versions
that I have installed here in Squeeze). Lastly, the interface is
cleanly revamped and converges to that of Chromium, although
maintaining the Opera-ish specifics. Not of interest to KDE users, on
Xfce (and Gnome, I suspect) the interface is *very* GTK feel-alike,
not least via the GTK filechooser and print dialogues.

To echo previous posters, another promising open-source project is Midori.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/