Re: Server support

Adrián Ribao Martínez put forth on 6/7/2010 7:10 AM:
> Thank you very much Javier,
>
> We don't need virtualization in the server, I suppose it's the same and everything works ok.
>
> Do you have a RAID controller in the system?

According to this:
https://sp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/ds_prim-rx300_s4.pdf

Fujitsu uses the LSI MegaRAID series controllers, all of which are supported
by the standard Linux kernel either by megaraid.c or megaraid_sas.c.

The Broadcom BCM5708 GigE chip is supported by the standard Linux kernel.

IPMI, I2C, etc are supported by Linux, and Debian.  Some of these will
probably require manual setup/configuration--it won't be done automatically
during Debian install.

If _you_ know Debian, and Linux in general, you shouldn't have a problem
running it on this server.  It appears all the subsystem components are
industry standard fare supported by Linux.  Again, you may have to
install/configure some of the user space tools manually.

--
Stan